Saturday, May 12, 2007

Waitress (**1/2)

Waitress has been a tad overrated by the nation's critics. It's an occasionally funny, overly long romantic comedy, featuring a strong lead performance by Keri Russell and great supporting character work by the rest of the cast. I particularly enjoyed the relationship between Keri Russell and Andy Griffith, who's a welcome presence on the big screen even though his character turns into a stereotypical plot device towards the end. I don't want to ruin things, but you'll know what I mean when you see it. If you do, that is. This is a rental at best, and I wouldn't recommend it if you have a problem watching, or are easily bored by, flawed characters dealing with everyday issues.

1 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger Jake said...

John:

We're way behind on this one, obviously. But, my wife completely disagrees with you on your review of this movie. "One of my favorite movies in a long time" she said. I think the movie rings true for mothers and following your heart. I enjoyed the movie too. It made me want to hug my daughter.

Simple joys. And pie. Mmmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home