Sunday, June 05, 2005

Rock School (***)

Highly enjoyable documentary. Almost as entertaining as the Jack Black flick. For some reason, a grown man swearing around children never fails to make me laugh. Stepping into the role of teacher is Paul Green. He's a cocky and camera-loving fool but we like him because he truly seems to have the kids interests at heart and connects to them in ways that other adults never could. My only real complaint is that the film seems to reveal everything up its sleeve in the first hour or so, and tends to sag towards the end. It's kind of a one trick pony, but a good trick nevertheless. Very funny.

1 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

I agree that the movie sags a bit towards the end (not for me because it's all Zappa, but judging it on its merits). It played more like a home movie of someone's trip to the Zappa fest. I wondered while I was watching it whether non-Zappa fans would find those parts in any way interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home