Saturday, September 10, 2005

Transporter 2 (**)

I have never seen the first Transporter, and have to admit, that upon seeing the posters and previews for the sequel, I thought: why? Who even saw Transporter 1? It seemed like the most unnecessary sequel since Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous. Turns out that it's exactly what it looked like. The movie is like some stale and warmed over version of Man on Fire, but with the utterly ridiculous action sequences of XXX: State of the Union. That being said this does have the making of a guilty pleasure. One only need look to the climatic scene when Jason Statham, playing the Transporter himself, exits from the cockpit of a plane and tells the main baddie, "Sorry, but this flight's been cancelled." The main baddie then pulls out a gun and replies, "I'm afraid to inform you that you've been cancelled." If you found that funny, this may be for you. I did, and I enjoyed this film on the basest of levels, which I think is all it was aiming for.

1 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't bother reading many blogs but I really like your's. Well done on adding something good to the rubbish that usually fills blogs.

My site is on permanent cure for acne related goodies. It pretty much covers most permanent cure for acne subjects.

If you get time, pop in and have a look

Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home